BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 24, 2008

growing?

There are those moments when you have to re-live some of the hardest stumbling blocks of your life. It's in those moments that test your strength and your grace.

Okay, so I started that on Friday night, then things got a little busy, so I'm returning to it this Sunday evening. At church we are going to a series called Defining Moments. There was one line from the intro that really stood out to me. I think it's from the movie "Tin Cup" and it went something like this, "...when a defining moment comes along, you define the moment, or the moment defines you."

So my husband comes home from a long week and confides to me that there are some people at work who are just getting beaten up at work, that there is a cloud looming over there. The root of this oppressive cloud was infidelity. It wasn't anything physical, but really, I think the affairs of the heart and mind are far more corrosive than those of the body. I guess it was so much that there's talk of divorce. And to tell you the truth, this makes me sad on so many levels. One, Mark and I went to this woman's wedding. Two, they have a young, young daughter... and three, it forced me to think about the things of the past...kinda interesting and not as difficult as I thought it would be.

And now...today...I can see that there are things in my life that are DEFINING MOMENTS. It's those times in our lives where we're faced with making a choice and how we carry ourselves after that choice. Our Pastor said that defining moments don't BUILD character, defining moments REVEAL our character.

So, yea, definitely growing...albeit frustratingly slow, but growing..

0 comments: