BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Top Five???

Who/What's in your top five?

  • Male Celebrities?
  • Female Celebrities?
  • Movies?
  • Sitcoms of all time?
  • any other categories?

Today went to a little get-together in Kailua. Mark, Marisa, and baby Bradley were playing around. Marisa was teaching Mark how to play peekaboo with her brother. It was so cute! It brought back a memory of Marisa when she was three and she and Mark were drawing. She told him she drew a picture of him and her and me. So Mark asked her how she knew which one was him (since they all looked kind of alike). And, as innocent as can be, she replied, "That's you, see big nose and big butt!" SO FUNNY!

28 comments:

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

Top 5...Male Celebs
1. Ne-yo
2. John Legend
3. TI
4. Gary Dourdan (CSI)
5. Djimon Hounsou
6. Gerard Butler (the only white guy to break into my list. did you see 300?)
(Yes, I realize they're all black. I happen to like Men of Color. Of course, Jay is my number 1...but that goes without saying.)


Top 5...Female Celebs
1. The cast of the L Word (not Jenny though)
2. Kimora Lee Simmons
3. Sanaa Lathan (she's falling out of my graces though. Haven't seen her much lately.)

Top 5...Movies
1. Love and Basketball
2. Once Were Warriors
3. P.S. I Love You
4. The Joy Luck Club


T.V. Shows
1. House
2. CSI
3. X-Files
4. Jon and Kate

That made me think too hard.

Caleb Kushi said...

Male Celebs
1. Kevin Garnett
2. Morris Chestnut
3. Rajon Rondo
4. Josh Hartnett
5. Omar Epps

Female Celebs
1. Jennifer Lopez
2. Angelina Jolie
3. Jessica Alba
4. Kate Beckinsale
5. Ziyi Zhang

Movies
1. The Holiday
2. Memoirs of a Geisha
3. Sleepers
4. The Wedding Planner
5. Grease

Sitcoms/TV Shows (Dave pointed out that most of mine are not "sitcoms" lol)
1. CSI
2. The Cosby Show
3. Without A Trace
4. Rock of Love
5. Law and Order SVU

Novels
1. Prayer for Owen Meany
2. My Sister's Keeper
3. New Moon
4. The Guardian
5. Angels and Demons

Caleb Kushi said...

duh...add jon and kate to mine...and higher learning and love and basketball instead of sleepers and grease

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

Oooh, Amy, good one. Ziyi Zhang.

I wanted to do books, too, but I can't narrow it down.


Amy, Omar Epps...another good one.

I gotta agree with My Sister's Keeper, too.

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

Amy, you're not supposed to admit to Rock of Love...or any of the VH1 Reality shows. Keep that on the DL, girl!

Caleb Kushi said...

ok here's dave's:

Male Celebs (yeah right!!!..I ain't gay!)

Female Celebs
1. Jessica Alba
2. Kate Beckinsale
3. Cameron Diaz
4. Megan Fox
5. Halle Berry

Movies
1. Forrest Gump
2. 40-Year Old Virgin
3. Moulin Rouge
4. Seven
5. I Am Legend (alternate ending)

TV Shows
1. Sportscenter
2. Seinfeld
3. Colbert Report
4. CSI
5. Friends

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

Oooh, Pursuit of Happyness. Kay, I'm done. And it's not gay if you like male celebs. Jay calls them "cool guys."

Caleb Kushi said...

okay, here's my top five "cool guys" then...
1. Brad Pitt
2. Michael Jordan
3. Tiger Woods
4. Tupac
5. Will Smith

**another female one...Ariel

**gee, Dave likes Black guys too! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Omar Epps??? hows about the head coach of the pittsburgh steelers?

hotstones said...

do i sense a color scheme here? lol!

Male: wait, this is purely looks, right?
1. mike rowe - dirty jobs
2. val kilmer - in top gun
3. johnny depp
4. gerard butler
5.shemar moore

female:
1. kate beckinsale
2. jessica alba
3. angelina jolie
4. sandra bullock
5. danneel harris - kumar's chick

movies:
1. gladiator
2. the wedding planner
3. the holiday
4. serendipity
5.pulp fiction

tv:I guess not just sitcoms
1. criminal minds
2. 90210!
3. x-files - but not the ones with doggett
4. the office
5. cheers

Books:
1. twilight
2. the way of the peaceful warrior
3. my sister's keeper
...i'm brain farting on this one..

hotstones said...

ooh, add seven to the movies list...

and omar epps? omar epps? maa-lick? I"ll take off my belt and make you my....

Ne-yo? AGREED!

J said...

(In no particular order...)

Top 5 TV shows
1. House
2. Seinfeld
3. CSI
4. Lost
5. Dexter
Honorable Mention: Sportscenter, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Friends, Millenium, Californication

Top 5 Movies
1. The Last Samurai
2. The Dark Knight
3. A Few Good Men
4. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
5. Braveheart
Honorable Mention: Crash, 50 First Dates, Million Dollar Baby, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Gladiator, Good Will Hunting, any movie with Will Smith or Angelina Jolie in it

Top 5 "Cool Guys"
1. Michael Jordan
2. Will Smith
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Tiger Woods
5. Justin Timberlake
Honorable Mention: Tom Cruise, Hugh Jackman, Gerard Butler, Adam Sandler, Bruce Lee, Diddy, Eminem

Top 5 Girls (other than my wife...)
1. Angelina Jolie
2. Jessica Alba
3. Kate Beckinsale
4. Kim Kardashian
5. Stacy Keibler
Honorable Mention: Mariah Carey, Maggie Q, that Asian-looking girl on CSI, Megan Fox, Aishwarya Rai, Zhang Ziyi

hotstones said...

oh, that bollywood lady is beautiful!

And, I'm adding Rihanna.

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

Yup, Shemar Moore, baby. Mmmmm mmmmm, yum.

As for my husband's picks. There's something about Kim Kardashian I just can't stand. No, it's not about hating. I can't stand that she's just so stupid. She's like Paris Hilton. I mean, yeah, great body. Nice tatas. Curvy. Totally his type. Yet, Kim Kardashian and Meghan Hauserman are like the same...stupid and only know how to use their body. Choose smart women, damn it!

Oh, yeah, Dexter and Californication rawk hard, too. Sorry, I was watching Rock of Love Bus and now I'm all "like excited."

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

Rihanna! Leish. Awesome body. Not so beautiful face.

hotstones said...

Rihanna...In some pictures, she's beautiful. Not being the L word or anything, but she's got amazing eyes.

Yeah, that sounded so G as I typed it aloud in my head!

hotstones said...

oh and i'm adding janet jackson and channing tatum

J said...

Whoa, I'm not that shallow! Why the hell do you think I married YOU? Hot body, pretty face, AND smart. You're in a league of your own, Beautiful...

You should talk. Now, I gotta keep you away from all the Black guys...

Isn't there something intelligent about (ab)using your body?

J said...

channing tatum. dang. can't believe I forgot about him. Yeah, Rihanna's eyes are killer, but did you notice she has a weird head...not to be overly critical or anything. lol.

J said...

Oops, sorry. that was me, deena

hotstones said...

She looks good with the hair covering half her face.

Caleb Kushi said...

holy dang! that's a whole lotta comments!! how about that girl from forgetting sarah marshall? i think she's going out with mccauly caulkin. and how about elisha cuthbert?..

J said...

Okay, here's a question (or five):

I know ALL girls just looooove or at least secretly fantasize about black guys, but how many of you have either gone out with or been with a black guy?

And if the answer is NO, why not?

You know, like I like Asian girls, so I married one.

When I check my non-gay Man List, I have a bunch of black guys, too. What the hell? Are we all subconsciously admitting that blacks are the "cool" race? What the hell?

I bet if you girls actually went out with a black dude, it'd be over. You know what they say...once you go black...

When discussing why you girls like black guys, feel free to include the word, "inches..."

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

Here's my answer... It's not about the rooster for me. I just happen to like dark skin. Plus, for some reason, muscles are way more defined in dark skin. Plus, I think black guys are more confident.

Why did I never go out with a black guy? Hmmmm, many reasons. One...there was never one who was fine and smart at the same time. I tutored this one football player. Dumb as hell.

And for girls...it's not about the size... I mean it can't be small. In fact, a little big is good...but huge...that hurts. Not that Jay's not HUGE. lol.

I need the whole package, not JUST looks. I want it all. That's why I married Jay. :)

hotstones said...

I can honestly say that I'm not a part of that majority. Not trying to be racial or anything, just not my cup of tea. It's like how some people admit that there are some really good looking haoles, but wouldn't really be with one. I love me some white meat. LOL.

And, J&D, what, you guys trying to win the Highlands HOSS election for cutest couple?

ASKC said...

Dude, leave the blogging world for a few hours and the comments have gotten nutts!!!!

Okay, J, to answer your question...why not date black guys. Well, if there was a hot black guy that wanted to date me back before I was married, I wouldn't have objected...in college, heck yes...now, would I have married a man of color...well, besides Dave's color, maybe not. And it's because of my dad. Racism runs rampant in my old skool dad's mind. I have never "been" with a black dude...maybe that's why it's such a fantasy...idk. Plus too, it's that athleticism and physique...dang...drool...

And Shemar Moore...too pretty...Leish and I have had this conversation many many times...pretty boy vs. rugged thug...I'll take the rugged thug any day. And that's why Dave no longer is a "pretty" boy...he had to shave the head and grow the chin pewbs (phonetic spelling so you wouldn't think I was talking about an Irish bar) to look RUGGED. Hehe.

hotstones said...

Yup. I much prefer pretty boy or rocker than thug. Ooh, like I would add jason taylor. HOT.. but nelly...pass! He's a buttaface. I think one of the exceptions is Tupac. Lemme think about more exceptions.

ASKC said...

ooh...nelly...hot!!!