BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 26, 2010

Made it to friday!

This has been an incredibly loooong week! For the most part, the students were great. As much as I say I hate 8th grade (which most of the times I do) I have to admit that we have some pretty good kids. Yes, they're lazy and some are buttheads, but when I see the other ridunkulous 8th graders out there...I have to count my blessings.

I had a moment that knocked me on my butt today. I called a teacher to get some info and ended up getting her sub (with whom I barely speak to or know). I told her who it was and her first words were, "Eh, girl, how you doing? Life goes on, ah? You gotta be strong and carry on!" So, in my initial reaction, I was thinking WTF? Speechless. Then later on in the day, I had another adult come up to me and tell me, "Eh, I heard that you lost..that you no more..." and proceeds to rub his own belly. "Ah, you can keep trying, no problem." Speechless. I don't know how to respond in those times when I'm totally caught off guard like that. I could feel myself getting upset. But I realized that when you get straight to the core of it, it's the heart that counts. I know that these people weren't trying to hurt me, in fact I know that one experienced a loss of his own. People are going to say some stupid crap. Sometimes people don't even know how to say things, but when you scrub away all the words and awkwardness, what matters most is the heart. I have to remember that.

0 comments: