BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 19, 2010

March 19 Journal

S- "What do you prefer? Shall I come to you with a whip, or in love and with a gentle spirit?" 1COR 4:21

O- So, the people of Corinth were acting like baboozes. They were acting immorally, taking advantage of God's grace. Paul is trying to preach the word of God and remind them of God's power and grace.

A- How often do we ignore what's right and throw out all good sense to do what's fun and easy? Shoot, I know I do it. I read the Bible and think, man, how could these Corinthians be sooo dumb? LOL. That's me every single day, knowing what's right, but going in the opposite direction. I'm remembering when I was a kid and my mom would tell me to do something. It would always start with the nice voice ASKING me to do it. And, I knew that the right thing to do was just do what she was asking. I knew that if I didn't do what she asked, there would be consequences. BUT, did that make me move into action? Nope, I'd let it get to the point where mom had to yell and get the infamous "stick" or wire hanger. Here I am, 25 years later, still acting like that disobedient kid. Should I know better? Heck, yes. Knowing is only HALF the battle, now I have to move into action.

P- Dear God,
Thank you for your grace and love. I'm sorry for being such a babooze sometimes! I have to take my head knowledge and let them become my actions and my way of living. I would rather have the gentle spirit than the whip. Today I choose obedience over lickens

0 comments: