I had a conversation about "religion" today. And it wasn't one of those "in your face, convince me" type of conversations, but just an honest sharing of information, so to speak. It was kinda cool. In no way did I feel like my faith was in question or anything like that, but it did make me realize that I haven't been spending as much time with God as I should be. I haven't been doing my daily devotions, my bible group has kinda taken some time off, missed church on sunday...and I can feel the distance.
So I'm thinking about the notion of "organized religion" and what that means. I don't really know. Do I think I belong to an organized religion? I don't think so. I don't know how best to explain it. I think my faith has more to do with a relationship than a religion. When I think about how I became born-again and the people who're involved with my journey, they never, ever, ever told me that I NEED TO DO THIS and I NEED TO DO THAT and I'M A BAD PERSON BECAUSE...these people didn't throw their faith on me, but quietly helped me to find a relationship with God. And, they didn't need to say much because they lived joy-fully. And, that's not to say that they were perfect or always did the right things or always said the right things, but there was just a peace about them.
So, yea. I have a long way to go. (I just lost my train of thought...)
I know that He knows all of my needs and the desires of my heart. That's not to say that it's in direct alignment to God's plans for me. I guess that's the hardest part. It's the recalibration of my heart and mind to His. For a long time, I always felt that I needed to be in control, and I needed to be that strong woman (hear me ROAR!) and THAT gave me strength. But, now I know it's Him that gives me strength. Yea, it's not an easy road, especially when you're stubborn...
'Kay I gotta finish this later 'cuz my ADD is kicking in.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Oh, one more thing
Posted by hotstones at 12:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Are you calling me stubborn? j/j. I know I am. I am hopeful that eventually, I will find my way. Sooner than later would be better.
You already found your way. You're with me...on your way to hell.
Post a Comment