I've been gone for 22 days. I've been through 6 different states and 4 different time zones. I've been to Disneyworld and slept with lions and tigers and bears. OH MY. I learned what it takes to be a model school and how urgent it is that our kids are prepared for the future. I learned what rigor and quadrant d is. I've ridden a train 14,ooo feet to the top of Pike's Peak and a ski lift to visit a zoo. I rode a train for 33 hours through Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and Sacramento. I toured through Napa Valley and learned about wine. I saw how Jelly Belly jelly beans are made. I learned that everything is bigger in Texas! lol. I learned how to get our middle kids college ready. I went to a Rangers game. I went to WAY TOO MANY SHOPPING PLACES! I learned that there are pricks everywhere we go, but the worst ones are the ones you have to see everyday...
After the conferences I've attended...I'm hopeful and depressed....and hopeful...and depressed. I guess it ebbs and flows depending on who I talk to. I was asked, "Do I think our school can be a college bound model school?"
"You want me to be honest?"
"No, I want you to tell me what I want to hear."
"Nah, I going be honest anyway. Do I think we can be that school? Heck, yes! OF COURSE I think we can be that school. BUT, I don't think that we always make the decisions necessary to become that school."
and that was that. Did saying that make me feel any better? Not really because it still is what it is... but I am hopeful. But, hope doesn't make change...actions do. What am I going to DO??
oh and I also saw wall-e...loved it.
Monday, July 14, 2008
holy moly I'm finally back.
Posted by hotstones at 9:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hmmm...to whom are you referring to? 22 days...let me guess...nah, I won't, but Deena and I were talking about this, and I have my guess. Deena's clueless. Were you talking about someone in particular or talking about pricks in general? I think the former...
Post a Comment