BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 1, 2008

happy labor day.

that means all the work you've put off all weekend, is now crammed into today!

Yesterday's message at church was about loving the unlovables. The beginning part asked us if we could invite any five people to dinner, who would it be...then think about the last five people we would ever invite. Loving the unlovable. Immediately, I could think of 4 people who I would rather NOT have at the dinner table. "Decisions and actions shouldn't be fueled by feelings, but by what's the RIGHT thing to do according to the word of God." That statement kind of made me think. My life is ruled by my feelings. My feelings are often written all over my face. I gotta work on that! LOL. Another thing that got me thinking is that we often love God, but trust in people. That's completely backwards. We gotta love people, but trust in Him alone. I gotta give people room to fail and make mistakes...they WILL ALWAYS make mistakes...but TRUST in God. The Bible tells me to "fervently love another from the heart" and that means I keep on loving on people. It can't be determined by how much I trust them.

But, dang if this isn't such a hard thing to demonstrate day in and day out, especially I when I find myself surrounded by CHANCES to show this! I guess moments like Friday are given to me to practice...

1 comments:

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

Hmmm, do I get any points? J/J.