i got to say it was a good day...
I woke up after a restful night's sleep...went to church today. Some gems to think about from the message today.
"Keep away from evil desires because they fight against your very souls." 1 peter 2:11-ish
and
"If your sinful nature controls your mind, there is death. But if the Holy Spirit controls your mind, there is life and peace." Romans 8:6
So, I left thinking, how will I use my mind? The devil will try to use my mind against me. And before y'all go thinking that I'm talking about you guys, I'm not. I'm talking about Captain Cancer. CC is infecting my mind, but that stops now. I'm not going to let her suck the life blood out of me. I feel like I'm perpetually pissed off...but that's changing. There is this Sister Hazel song that I really like..the lyrics go something like this:
If you've had enough of all your trying
Just give up
The state of mind you're in:
If you want to be somebody else,
If you're tired of fighting battles with yourself.
If you want to be somebody else
Change your mind, change your mind.
So, I'm gonna try. I know that she's still going to piss me off, but I'm going to try to be better. Hate the sin, not the sinner, right?
Anyway, after church, Mark and I went to have lunch. We really wanted to go to Spag Factory, but it was closed...those dirty suckahs. I really, really wanted a half and half!!! So, we went to DnB's and ate some grub, got a powercard, and played some games. (Oh, and a sidebar...I hate when you sit on a toilet and the freaking seat is broken, and it shifts as you sit and scares the piss out of you! I KNOW YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, YOU LIBRARY BATHROOM USERS!)
Then we went to Pearlridge for some shopping. Mark needed to find some business casual shirts for his conference. He's gonna be gone all next week...that just sucks. Got some stuffs for me...
Finally, we got home. I prepared the stuff for dinner, Mark cooked and cleaned up. Now I get to redeem my free 5 minute back rub because I won more tickets than Mark.
Ja ne.
Monday, September 8, 2008
today I didn't even have to use my a.k.
Posted by hotstones at 2:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hmmm...the toilet wasn't broken before YOU KNOW WHO came back to school..
I definitely know that I'm not exactly the scripture-child for the Mormon church, but what church is Captain Cancer affiliated with?
I just think it's ironic that someone can go to church AND be like that. That's basically why I stopped going to church. Yeah, that's it. I just couldn't be a hypocrite. A$$hole, maybe, but not a hypocrite...
Other deep thoughts...
"do not allow anger to poison you."
"those that lie down with dogs get up with fleas."
"a shady lane breeds mud."
Post a Comment