BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

hmmm

I've been home without Mark since Thursday, which really isn't a long time at all, but dang, I am bored. I had it all planned out in my mind that I was going to get all my work done, but that's been a no go. I've putzed away watching tv and playing on the computer. I've actually gotten so bored that here I am blogging for the first time in a long time. I guess I don't really have much to say. Most of the time I just think what's the point of blogging anyway.

I was super depressed this week. 2 of my students whom I had last year and "pulled" for last year made some stupid decisions this week. They decided to bring weed to school and tried to throw it away in my classroom. So irraz, so annoyed, so disappointed, and so hurt that they freakin' pulled that crap in my class. I did have a long talk with them, told them how disappointed I was. I guess the funny thing to me was, just the night before, I was just talking about how I wish I could be as forgiving with adults as I am with the kids. And as God would have it, I got an opportunity to put it into practice! I'm still irraz, they only got 2 days. But, that was much needed 2 days for me to not be angry with them anymore.

On another note, I'm tired of people asking me when we're gonna have kids or that they're WAITING to hear some news from me. How the heck am I supposed to react to that? "We're trying." That's my response. Maybe I should be saying something like, "Oh, Mark and I are effing like rabbits at least 3 times a day, so I don't understand how come I'm not pregnant either." It's just a weird question to ask, and frankly I think it's kinda rude.

I'm really enjoying the new team. It's such a weird situation to talk about. Because, everyone (okay, not everyone, but a handful) gives us (or maybe just me) crap about having the "elite" team or whatevers. I don't know how to respond to that either. If I say, "Yup, we sure do!" It comes off as pompous and arrogant... But, if I say, "Nah..." It comes off as fake humility or whatevers. Rather than talk about having the "A" team, how about talking about the tremendous amount of planning we gotta do? Rather than talking about how we get little bit kids, how about talking about the work we had to put in trying to figure out HOW we're working out the class arrangements? Yea, I have a freaking awesome team. I'm loving it. Iron sharpens iron. I don't mind working hard because I know there are others who are willing to pull their fair share. Somehow having these people to work with makes the other crap like co-teaching so much more bearable.

I have to go to the doctors again on Monday. The doctor is going to put me on the meds that induce my period. Sucks because that med can cause depression, nausea, headaches, etc. and then the clomid can cause hot flashes and mood swings. It's like taking a double dose of CRAZY! Man, my kids are going to suffer in these upcoming weeks. If they thought I bitched about their 7th grade baby behaviors before, they haven't seen NOTHING yet! Lol.

Alrighty, my paranoia about being home alone is about to kick in, so that means closing everything up and turning on the AC. It really doesn't help to watch Criminal Minds and SVU when I'm home alone. What's that noise?! Tee hee.

2 comments:

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

I know where you're coming from when it comes to sucky ass decisions. I was so bothered this week to realize that two of our team kids from last year were smoking out. Jay keeps reminding me...there's only so much we can do, but dang if it doesn't hurt that when it comes down to it, it wasn't nearly enough. (><)

I feel for you when it comes to having kids. Although I haven't been in the exact same position, after miscarrying, whenever anyone brought up the topic, it hurt like hell. I can only imagine the frustration and anxiety the topic brings. I think many times, people don't realize that sometimes, it takes longer for others when trying to conceive.

As for the team, Jay and I took cracks for having so little students, two preps, and lots of other crap when we had Hui Lokahi last year. What people didn't realize is that we were responsible for ALL the team planning, teaching two subjects, and so much more. No one ever knows until they're in the same position.

As far as the grumpiness...we'll be careful at lunch. :)

ASKC said...

God does challenge us in specific ways, huh? Funny how He seems to always challenge us in exactly the way we just seemed to talk about. He just gets us ready before the challenge.

Laughed out loud about your response to the question..."effing like rabbits." LOL. I would pay to hear you say that to someone and to see their reaction...you're right...that's a rude question and a stupid one at that...and I hate when they ask me that question about you too...wth. Go nutts for the next couple weeks on those meds and give it to the next person that asks you that question. Lol.

Yea, you guys are busting your a** off for Avid...some more than others...haha, Dave's reading over my shoulder right now...and I really don't think a program like that, that's so intensive, could work without a solid team. Who cares what people say...they're all just either jealous or crabby anyways...but you guys do have a kick-butt team...so natural for peeps to comment on it.

Anyways, nice to see you back in blogland...it's cathartic...lol...I think that's the right word. I've been liking to start my day off with a little blog vent session just to get it off my chest...hehe.