Well, today was my follow up exam and all the tests (I can't even remember all of them) came out negative. What does that mean? Well, it means that there wasn't any kind of elevated markers that led to pre-term labor. Which, I suppose, is a good thing. Dr. wants to check if diabetes is a factor, so I have to go get that test done in a few weeks.
I have to admit, I was a little nervous about this visit. I didn't know what to expect, and I didn't want to have to encounter all the pregnant women in the office. Lucky for me, it was pretty painless and there wasn't anyone else in the office because the dr. gave me the last appointment. Even tho the dr. is SUPER loud and kind of blunt, I really like her. Joy in the little things.
I go back to school on Wednesday. Dr. was really surprised that I'm going back so soon. She asked me and Mark if we believe in REST. LOL. I need to get back to some kind of normalcy. I'm a dweller. In the quiet, down times sadness creeps in and my thoughts and questions snowball into a consuming monster. I'm hoping that school and being with the kids will keep my mind occupied. I'm tired of staying home and watching tv. Yep, I'm tired of tv. I now know about a hundred different breeds of dogs and cats AND the most extreme animals on the planet. I believe I can make a 6' cake in about 25 different themes. I know how transmissions, pencils, music boxes, pianos, race car tires, trombones, battleships, oil riggers, and rubber boots are made. I know where the dirtiest jobs in America are. (I love Mike Rowe, btw!) I've seen almost all of the NCIS episodes, EXCEPT the ONE that I really want to see. I'm tired of tv. Oh, back to going back to school. I'm a little bit nervous. I don't want people asking me how I'm doing. I know their hearts are in the right place, I just don't want to have to answer that question multiple times. I know that they want to hear that everything is okay. Shucks, that's kinda the answer I would want when I ask that question. =) But, sometimes I don't feel fine and okay. I wear my emotions on my face, and I'm a bad liar. I don't wanna have to go thru the day lying to people about how I am. I'm day to day. Well, sometimes not even day to day, but hour to hour. It just depends. But, yes, I'm nervous. I am a people avoider. I am a hug avoider. I try to be a back rubbing avoider, but sometimes no can help! =) God's tryna break me of that and make me okay with it. (No, Amy, that's not an open pass to hug me!) "Courage isn't the absence of fear, but facing that fear head on." Learned that from NCIS.
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 COR 12:9
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
doctor check up
Posted by hotstones at 12:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment