Yes, I've been absent on this blog for awhile. I'm not going lie, this is kind of a difficult time and sometimes I just wanna isolate...
There are a number of things that's been making me a little emotional these days. We're coming up on what would've been my due date. I remember saying that I just wanted to make it to the end of the school year. It's difficult, garsh, I can't even put into words how difficult it feels sometimes.
This school year was very bittersweet for me. I really DID NOT look forward to teaching 8th grade. And, I can't say that I loved it, but I did like it more than I thought I would. I'm really going to miss the kids from this year. I had some of them for 2 years, and dang, it sure does make a difference. I liked it, but that could just be because we had some good kids.
Some other things that have been on my mind:
- talking crap: It sucks. We all do it. We're all targets of it. I recently had a situation with it. It wasn't that I was afraid of being outted, but more embarrassed that I was a part of it. It was a show of my character, and I failed again. "Character is who you are when no one else is watching..."
- professionalism: What is it anyway? Does it even matter? Isn't it subjective? I know I have my own version of what I think it is. Does it only apply to some people? I guess what I have to keep reminding myself is that regardless of what other people are doing, I have to continue doing what's right. "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus" Hebrews 12:1-2
- exercise: I do not want to start the new school year huffing and puffing when I walk from the office to my room.
- crafting: I will not be lazy about crafting this summer! I wanna try to make a card or two or three a week. I want to get my mom crafting, since she's not doing anything during the day anyway.
0 comments:
Post a Comment