BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 2, 2010

Brand New School Year

It's the start of a new school year. I go into this year with mixed emotions. I love teaching. I love teaching 7th grade. This will be my second year teaching 8th grade. Seeing the wide-eyed innocence of the baby 7th graders makes me miss 7th grade even more. BUT...as I was driving to school today, I found myself really really missing my last year's kids. I really liked that bunch. Don't get me wrong, there were some that I'm not gonna miss at all. It was awesome when a few of them came down today to visit! I'm not a big fan of 8th grade, but if these kids are as good as their former teachers say they are, I have a sneaky sneaky feeling that I'm gonna be torn at the end of the school year again.

I'm on the crazy pills again. These are the pills that help me have a more regular cycle, but it makes me irrational. I'm not kidding. I'm not just talking about being angrier, but all around more emotional. I honestly think that this is what being bipolar may feel like. It'll be interesting an interesting start of the school year. So, if I unintentionally give you the bitchy face or snap at you, I apologize.

Two gems that I learned from this weekend's message...1)Live as if your life depended on it; 2)Excuses make you feel better about being a failure and not improving....

0 comments: