So it's been about 2 and a half weeks since I've been at home. It's pretty boring. I thought I'd be crafting a lot, but I realize that you have to really have mojo to be crafting that often. At least that's how it works for me.
On Sunday Mark and I had a minor fender bender, where this old lady rear ended us. We were stopped at a red light and Mark said, "Ho, this driver is so close I can't even see the driver!" Light turned green and Mark slowly let off the brake and crept forward. Then, BANG! The lady accelerated into us. Mark jumped out snapping at the driver, telling her to follow us across the street. As we did so, the lady kept tailing us! Anyway, it was minor, but Mark called the Dr. to be safe. The dr on call wanted us to go into the hospital to get checked out. I can't explain the anxiety I felt. I was on a Sunday when we had to go in for Gracie. We drove out to Kapiolani, got checked in, checked over, then checked out. All was good. I was super duper scared that I was going to get busted from my dr. Follow up was yesterday. Everything is still going okay and dr was super concerned...so I'll be more cautious about really being on house arrest. =)
On Tuesday, we were out all day for my grandpa's funeral. Everything ran pretty smoothly. Mark did the eulogy, which was awesome. Our pastor did the service. And, Marisa, who's 8 years old, read a letter to grandpa. She was amazing. She did get choked up, but she kept her composure. The part that got me was when she said, "I'm happy that you're with Grace and now you can play with her like you played with me and Bradley." Not a dry eye in the place! That girl...there's something special about her. At a super young age, she had this deep empathy for people. It's more than just being sensitive, she thoroughly feels for people.
Yesterday I actually preggo raged on someone. We were at Sports Authority. As I left, there were three teenaged kids leaving at the same time. I held the door open behind me, but as I was doing so, they stopped in the door way and chitchatted to each other and to another person in the store. I stood there, holding the door because I didn't want it to crack the kid in the back, but he kept talking. So I snapped, "Well, I'm not going to keep holding the damn door open for you!" Teehee...the kid apologized and grabbed the door. Sheesh, who am I?
Okie, that's all for now.
0 comments:
Post a Comment