Okay, so in the past week, I've gone to my regular OBGYN, the fetal diagnostic doctor AND the Clinical Labs twice, gotten poked by needles seven times, and I'm anxiously awaiting my results. Last Monday I had to do the preliminary test for gestational diabetes. Apparently I tested high on that first test because on Thursday, I had to do the three hour glucose tolerance test. Truth be told, the 3 hour test wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. The thing they make you drink was blech, but bearable. The toughest part was when the nurse couldn't find my vein, or rather, she couldn't get the blood flowing once she poked me, so she kept wiggling the needle around. And, since they have a hard time finding good veins in my arms, they usually go into my hand. That sucks big time because it hurts a whole lot more. I'm hoping I get the results soon. I don't have too high hopes that it'll be negative, but it would be good to know one way or the other.
I'm going to have to go in every week from now on because Dr. wants to make sure that baby's heartbeat is strong. I have to sit there for 20 minutes listening to baby's heartbeat and push a little button everytime I feel her move. Apparently baby was moving waaay more than I was pressing the button, I just didn't feel them all. Maybe she was trying to swim away from all the noises. LOL. But speaking of moving, boy, am I feeling her a lot now! I swear sometimes I get the karate kick or the head butt! It's still a little surprising, but it's soo cool to feel this little miracle inside of my belly. Mark is stoked because he can feel her more and more. Saturday we get another ultrasound, so we're excited about that. We're hoping the Emily doesn't surprise us by being an Eli. LOL. I mean, the doctors COULD HAVE been wrong, right? If so, Eli will have to deal with pink. TOOO BAD.
I haven't really taken any preggo pictures yet, but I should. My mom doesn't have any pictures of her being pregnant with me, so I always question if I really WAS born to her. LOL. I don't want baby to think the same thing.
I thank God every day for this little miracle and to bring comfort to all my growing worries.
Monday, April 4, 2011
29 and a half weeks...
Posted by hotstones at 12:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment