BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

ghetto bird

Did anyone see that helicopter circling around today?

I gotta admit, I'm a chip off my mommy's block. I remember when I was a kid, we'd see an ambulance at the neighbor's house, and she'd say something like, "Oh, he must've had a heart attack." So when I'd ask how she knew, she'd say, "Oh, cause he's old, so must be heart attack."

or...as we drive past a young filipino guy driving a nice car..."Must be a drug dealer, how else can he afford a car like that."

or...as we watch the news about Graunke..."Must've been caught cheating, 'cause he not too bright."

And the list goes on and on. It's kind of funny...the ability to jump to conclusions is an art form for her! And it's hereditary. So when I saw that ghetto bird flying around, I couldn't help but think of my former kids and their families and what kind of mischief was going on. It didn't help that I watched the morning news go on and on about the home invasion in Salt Lake. So, there I was walking to the bathroom, the helicopter flying around, and I'm thinking..."Well, should I go bathroom? What if there's a lockdown? Do I really want to be stuck here? Dang, what if the person is in the kids' bathroom?" Lol...paranoid much? So...*sigh* I pissed like a race horse and speed walked back to my classroom. I was just trying to be safe...lol..

4 comments:

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

You're killing me. That was so funny.

J said...

Next time I see one of those, I'm going to leave my class on purpose and walk down to the library and get stuck in there with the AC. My kids can fend for themselves...

ASKC said...

"pissed like a race horse" is one of the funniest phrases to me...I sat here for a good 30 seconds fully braining to think of whether that's a simile, euphemism, or what...and I still don't know.

much like the "something that you enjoy in private" aka "guilty pleasure." pregnancy is making me more dumb than ever.

Anonymous said...

Wait...Does a race horse piss any faster than a regular horse? Wouldn't 'pissing like it was a race' be more accurate? What does the horse have to do with it? Does, 'pissing like a race armadillo' work?

And I really don't know what to make when askc comments that talking about horses makes her think of a guilty pleasure she enjoys in private...