It's day one of break! Yay. My brother thought it would be funny to call me at 6 this morning...what a pain in the butt. I guess that's what brothers are for.
This weekend we had our family get-together. There were about 23 of the cousins, which included significant others and second cousins of the same generation and about 10 adults (hehe, you know, the aunties and uncles!) Kinda cool. I know this sounds cheesy, but the look on my dad's face when the whole family is there is just priceless. And, since my grandma passed about 4 years ago, my Aunty Chieko (my gramma's sister) and her family have been coming to the parties, too. Aunty Chieko is about 4'6" and she's the cutest little thing. She's about 90-something and her mind is SO sharp! This past weekend she recanted stories of living in Hana and moving to Honolulu (because that's where all the good-looking boys were!) and how she and Grandma would fight. And how she schemed to get out of working at the pineapple cannery. I love hearing those stories.
My uncle and aunty did this cool activity at the party. They gave us $20 worth of play money and they had a big box of stuff. One by one, he would bring items out, and we had to bid on them. A container of kaki mochi went for $55 and a big barrel of red vines went for $60! Mark and I ended up bringing home pistachios for $5 and iso peanuts for $10. It was fun playing auction.
Most of us will get together on New Year's, but the next time we'll ALL be together again is in May. That's when we celebrate EVERYONE'S birthday on the same day. =)
Anyway, I think I'm done with all my Christmas shopping. I know there will be something along the way that I forgot. I've wrapped everything (with awesome bows, lol!) and they're all under the tree. I gotta admit, presents always look better when it's under a tree. I got my "copyright-infringed" Christmas CD (from the school party) in, and I'm about to go clean. If I don't talk or blog before then, GO WARRIORS! AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!
0 comments:
Post a Comment