BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 15, 2010

S-But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23

O-So, the Bible tells me that if engage in sinful things like: sexual immorality, idolatry, orgies and witchcraft, I won't be able to inherit the kingdom of God. These things seem pretty intense. But within those sinful acts are also hatred, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, and envy, which I know I succumb to on a daily basis. There are these seemingly innocent, everyday mistakes that allow the devil to get a foothold which could cause us our future.

A-Garsh, here's something to really think about. I've got to change my defaults. When something upsets me, my default shouldn't be rage or anger, instead, it should be patience and self-control. Pastor Wayne reminded us that when punctured, what's on the inside will be comes out on the outside. Like if you fill up a water balloon with water and puncture it, water will come out..even if you hope and wish for orange juice, it'll still be water that comes out because that's what you filled it with. Same with our hearts. If we fill it with rage and anger, and someone punctures that part of us, then rage and anger will leak out. But, if we fill it with the Holy Spirit, when we get punctured, love, joy, patience, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control will leak out. I have to change my default. I've got to get back in the Word, unlearn my bad habits, and allow the Holy Spirit to be my default. Automatic.

P-Dear God, Thank you for the your lessons today. Forgive me for being lazy, relying on my own strength, and giving in to a sinful nature. Please scrub my heart of the "All about Me" attitude and fill it with the Holy Spirit. Every day is a battle, most times it feels like a losing battle. But, today I am reminded that I am not in this alone. Thank you. Amen.

0 comments: