So, it's not a myth. I don't know if it's because someone else is going to be in my classroom for the next 4 months, but I've been nesting like crazy. I've dumped things that I was sooooo SURE I needed to keep over the last 10 years! LOL. I mean really, do I need to keep every lesson plan book I've ever used? I actually took my label maker to school to label boxes and drawers. And, let's not even talk about home!
So here's something I'm almost embarrassed to admit. I'm a pen whoreder. LOL. Yes, that was intentional. I love pens. Obsessed really. There was a time when I had to have every single color of Gelly Roll pen. Not only did I had to have every color, but I had to catalogue them by color. I had to count them to see if I had them all. Multiple times. And when I thought one was missing, I couldn't get my mind off of it. I'd make Mark drive me to Fisher or Longs or where ever to replace them. Well, you get the point. Now getting back to the nesting. I'm in the midst of cleaning out the spare/craft room. Among my boxes was my container of Gelly Rolls. Deciding that I was no longer using them, I told Mark I'd be giving them to a friend's daughter. She LOVES pens, too! She told her mom (after getting a set of pen from me for Christmas) that I was just like HER. LOL. Anyway, Mark was shocked. He kept asking if I was sure I wanted to do it. I thought maybe I'd have givers remorse, but nope. Along with the Gelly Rolls, she got my Posca pens (the ones used to make those old skool luggage tags).
Nesting...it's the cure for hoarding.
1 comments:
Soooo funny! I'm a major pen hoarder as well. When I'm missing a pen, even if it's a G2, I'm bothered. I even have "lending pens," cuz I hate when people don't return my good ones.
Post a Comment